The smoky eye is a timeless beauty look in every makeup artist’s back pocket. It gives your eyes a sophisticated look without going to hooch. Your eyes can look on to any-hot-body and captivate them with one smoldering look. Some reality TV celebrities that really pulled off the smoky eye look were Oliva, Tracy, and Alexa from Jerseylicious. Smokey eyes can give off many signals. Learn how to use them to your advantage.
Do not know how to sizzle looks with the smoky eye stare just yet?
Do not cry the mascara off honey. Here are some tips to get you the timeless look.
- Tip 1: Do not dip your finger in black eye shadow and cover your eyes with it.
- Tip 2: Have a good mirror with bright lights. You want a smoky eye not a smoky view.
- Tip 3: Clean brushes are a must. A variety of brushes is recommended.
- Tip 4: Cleanse your face very well. Use cleansing wipes around your eyelid area to remove any residual makeup.
- Tip 5: Start to get the eye smoked.
Here are the steps to take to not look like a raccoon.
- Step 1: Optimus Prime those smoky eyes. Use a primer to set the makeup in place. Last thing you want is to look like a hot mess with smeared makeup.
- Step 2: Conceal darling. Conceal around the eyelid and lower eye section. Make sure that the concealer is a lighter shade since more shades of makeup are going to be applied later.
- Step 2.5: Use translucent powder after you conceal, to catch any breakaway particles from the eye shadow when applied
- Step 3: With black eyeliner (pencil or liquid form) outline the lower and upper part of your eyelid. Follow the lash line. Try not to get to close to your eye flesh. You do not want to sizzle with an infected eye.
- Step 4: This is an optional step. Curl your lashes.
- Step 5: Decide the eye shadow color you want to smoke the hell out of on your eye. You can go black, navy, dark brown, gray, and even purple. Get creative.
- Step 6: Use a q-tip, small eye shadow brush, or your finger to gently smudge the eye shadow over the eye lined area.
- Step 7: Smooth out the edges with your finger to gift it more of a softer look.
- Step 8: Use a highlight color, preferably white, and apply to the inner corner of your eye. It will make them pop more.
- Step 9: Blend everything as smoothly as you can. Try not to smudge.
- Step 10: Use a soft tissue to remove the translucent powder from before.
You are done!
The smoldering smoky eye may look tough to accomplish but all you need is a steady hand and confidence.
Go smoke out the competition.
Thanks to your smoky eyes you now have a date with a guy. Remember that just because smoke is black it does not mean that your smoky eye cannot have glitter. Heck, make it a nice hunter green smoky eye for the fall season.