New Year’s Eve is rapidly approaching and you are tired from planning and shopping from Christmas, the last thing you want to do is plan a huge New Year’s Eve party. We’ve helped make your planning easier with these 4 tips. Save your time and money and use these tips to to ring in the new year in style!
Potluck — Instead of buying all the food for your party, plan a potluck. Have your guests bring their favorite dish to the party. You will get an array of different foods and it will lead to less stress for you! You can worry about other things, like the decorations, desert or the games (see below).
Finger Foods — If the pot luck idea doesn’t work for your guests, prepare finger foods. Simple Bites has the best recipes for finger foods. Some of their foods include Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts, Marinated Tomatoes or Roasted Red Pepper Dip. Clink the links for the fabulous recipes that are sure to be a hit at your New Year’s Eve party.
Music — Create an awesome playlist. While this might seem like a no-brainer, choosing the right playlist for your guests can help set the mood. Try this playlist from Real Simple:
- “Fly Me to the Moon,” Frank Sinatra
- “Golden Years,” David Bowie
- “It Had to Be You,” Harry Connick Jr.
- “Mas Que Nada,” Sergio Mendes, featuring the Black Eyed Peas
- “Night Time Is the Right Time,” Ray Charles
- “Put Your Records On,” Corinne Bailey Rae
- “Rock Steady,” Aretha Franklin
- “Save the Last Dance for Me,” Michael Buble
- “The Best Is Yet to Come,” Tony Bennett
- “Twiggy Twiggy,” Pizzicato 5
Plan Games — Games are one of the simplest ways to have a fun and festive New Year’s Eve party! Here are some ideas for fun, adult games for your New Year’s Eve Party. Thanks to Missy over at howdoesshe.com for the fun ideas! (Click here for all 15 fun ideas they suggest!)
- Guess your guests resolutions. Make each of your guests write down resolutions, each on its own slip of paper. Pull one slip of paper out of a basket at a time and read it out loud. Everyone has to write down who they think made each resolution. At the end of the readings, the person who guessed the most correctly wins a prize. Read some of the wrong guesses out loud for fun!
- Create your own time capsule. Put anything you want to remember along with your resolutions in a container and then hide it till next year.
We at Blossy want to wish you the happiest new year!