It’s important to vary your snack routine. Not only is it good for your psyche but it’s also good for your palette. Try combining different flavors and foods, like guacamole and dates, (it really does taste delicious).
- Try combining a scoop of Sabra jalapeno hummus with balsamic vinegar and drizzle over green beans, it sounds weird but it’s the only way I’ll eat green beans.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey into vanilla ice cream or plain frozen yogurt to make an exceptionally sweet treat (try freezing your yogurt for a fro-yo spin).
- Use almond butter to make Thai-style curries; toss chicken, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and almond butter together for a special stir-fry that you can eat as a savory snack.
- Stuff 4 dates with 1 tablespoon guacamole each for a sweet-and-savory snack!
- Top 1 cup of fresh pineapple slices with 2 tsp. melted dark chocolate and 1 tsp. coconut shreds.
- Toast a slice of cinnamon raisin bread and top it with a smear of almond butter, sliced cherries, and a drizzle of honey.
- Wrap a few pretzel rods with organic sliced turkey such as Applegate Farms and top with almond butter.
- Top gluten-free rice crackers such as Crunchmaster White Cheddar Crackers with a dollop of roasted red pepper hummus and paprika for an easy appetizer.
- Slice up a bunch of radishes; toss in olive oil and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Store in an airtight container and munch on as a snack or toss into salads.