Between holiday shopping, working full time, taking care of the family and walking the dog, it seems like there’s just not enough time in the day. Naturally you start staying up later and waking up earlier and getting less and less sleep. Now not only are you tired but the worst part about it is now your face is showing it! Bags under your eyes or a general paler appearance can be a direct result of less sleep. There’s nothing worse than a co-worker telling you, “you look tired” as soon as you step foot into the office. We have come up with some tips and tricks to help combat the tired effect.
- Use an eye lash curler. Not only will the eyeglass curler give the appearance of fuller longer eyelashes but it will open up your eyes and give you the appearance of larger eyes. Curling your eyelashes also gives you the illusion of larger, wider eyes. I believe every woman needs a good eye lash curler in her make up bag. For a great article on how to give the appearance of thicker, longer eyelashes, click here.
- Use two different colors of eyeliner. We found out this method is actually called the “minking method”. Buy Designer Fashions describes the “minking method” method as “super easy”. “Instead of using one color of mascara, use two different colors for each coat. Try using black and brown (one for each coat)” says Buy Designer Fashions. This will add dimension and will make the whites in your eyes pop!
- Line your lower lashes. Jenny Bailly from Oprah.com says to not “use black”. However, she does suggest to make your eyes “appear bigger and brighter, trace a nude eyeliner on the inner rims of your lower lash line” (Oprah.com).
- Actually use blush. We’re not suggesting you put on enough blush to look like a clown but if you put the right amount of blush (in the right color) it can make your face pop and highlight your cheekbones.
- Don’t apply too much foundation. Caked on make-up doesn’t look good regardless of sleep or not. Don’t over do the foundation and concealer. If you apply too much it can leave your face looking cakey and thick, exactly what you don’t want.
- Don’t forget to use your mascara. Mascara helps to widen your eyes and is one of your last defenses for making you look refreshed and wide awake.
If you aren’t able to get the recommended amount of sleep for your age group, these tips will give you the appearance of being bright eyed and bushy tailed to to accomplish everything on your to-do list.